Drug and Alcohol Resources
Below is a list of addiction and mental health resources for individuals and loved ones. Also, please reach out if you have questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support for Substance Use Recovery
- Alcoholics Anonymous: This twelve-step group supports individuals through alcohol recovery. Search the website for in-person and online meetings.
- Narcotics Anonymous: This twelve-step group supports individuals through narcotic drug addiction. Search the website for in-person and online meetings.
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCAAD): 1-800-622-2255. Call this confidential help line to receive referrals and treatment resources near you.
- SMART Recovery : This non-12-step recovery community teaches evidence-based relapse prevention techniques and offers a wealth of recovery resources for individuals and loved ones. Also search the website to find in-person and online meetings.
- SAMHSA’s Treatment Finder: SAMHSA’s treatment finder allows you to search addiction and mental health services by ZIP code. Visit the home page and enter an address or ZIP code. Then, in the box at the top right, search for facilities within the desired distance. Under “Service,” check all boxes that apply. For instance, check “Substance Use” to find addiction services, or check “SU & MH” to search facilities that offer addiction and mental health services.
Support and Resources for Loved Ones
- Al-Anon: This twelve-step community supports friends and families through their loved ones drinking problem. Connect with the community and learn how to practice self-care. Also search the website for in-person and online meetings.
- Nar-Anon Family Groups: This twelve-step community supports friends and families through their loved one’s drug use. Search the website to find in-person and online meetings.
- Alcohol Addiction Hotline by the American Addiction Centers: 1-855-208-7552
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 for free crisis counseling, available 24/7.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Helpline: Call 1-800-950-6264 if you or a loved on is experiencing a mental health crisis. Also speak to staff to get treatment referrals and explore treatment options.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call 1-800-273-8355 for free, confidential suicide and crisis support.
- SAMHSA’s Helpline: Call 1-800-662-4357 for free, 24/7 confidential support and treatment referrals.
Also, compare 12- and non-12-step support groups and see which ones are right for you.